Optimized AstroPulse_v505 5.06 for Linux 64 & 32 Bit OS Updated 9.17.09 w/ new Application_v505 5.06 & revision r168 Five Linux OS specific editions available now at Lunatics AstroPulse for Linux Public Downloads area
A SETI@Home AstroPulse optimized application for Linux has been released.
This release offers significantly improved performance for SSE, SSE2 & SSE3 capable computers running 64 and 32 Bit versions of Linux.
Here are individual links for all the initial release builds:Linux 64 Bit Science App:Linux 64 Bit SSE3 Intel/AMD Compatible Science App:
Intended for Intel & AMD CPUs, running 64 bit Linux that have SSE3 capability.
1 - Linux 64 bit AstroPulse_v505, v5.06 SSE3(r168) (INTEL/AMD)Linux 64 Bit SSE2 Intel/AMD Compatible Science App:
Intended for Intel & AMD CPUs, running 64 bit Linux that have SSE2 capability.
2 - Linux 64 bit AstroPulse_v505, v5.06 SSE2(r168) (INTEL/AMD)Linux 32 Bit Science App:Linux 32 Bit Intel/AMD Compatible Science App:
Intended for Intel & AMD CPUs, running 32 bit Linux that have SSE, SSE2 or SSE3 capability.
1 - Linux 32 bit AstroPulse_v505, v5.06 SSE3(r168) (INTEL/AMD)
2 - Linux 32 bit AstroPulse_v505, v5.06 SSE2(r168) (INTEL/AMD)
3 - Linux 32 bit AstroPulse_v505, v5.06 SSE(r168) (INTEL/AMD)
Build source is located HEREVERY IMPORTANT!!! Note that correct install of these applications requires ADVANCED SKILLS.
A customized app_info.xml file WILL need to be properly created and edited if you also run a version of the S@H multi beam application and or CUDA MB application (see below "issues & warnings"). Done incorrectly, you may trash your work unit cache and or not be able to receive work.
There will be some known issues and warnings to be aware of:
- Warning for Ubuntu 9.04 (and derivatives) with kernel versions 2.6.28 and newer. Please watch the first ~dozend AP wus you crunch with these apps closely for errors saying : Segmentation Violation or Error 11. If you see such errors please do not use the optimized applications. You will not get credit for your work, because of these errors.The only known solution for this problem is to change to an earlier kernel version than 2.6.28.
- As mentioned above, You WILL need to edit or create an appropriate app_info.xml file if you run any combination of Astropulse, Multi-beam, and CUDA MB applications.
- Ensure you choose a build that your CPU/OS will support. Ask for help If you need assistance determining this.
- Ensure Boinc & seti@Home applications are already properly functioning on your machine, read carefully the documentation readmes and installation instructions.
- There is no support for CPUs below SSE capability
- Borderline OC'ers be aware that you may need to back off to maintain stability, the increased throughput of this application will stress all system components more.
- As Always, use these apps AT YOUR OWN RISK.
And most Importantly of all:
Thanks to Urs Echternacht
for his Linux port of r168 by Jason G & Raistmer!!!
Special thanks once again go to Josef W. Segur, Sunu, the Alpha Testers, & all the Lunatics members who performed final Beta testing
for their expertise, input & assistance.
To all of you we value your input and would like to hear from you at Lunatics'
The Lunatics Team